Tiny But Mighty

My name is Jenette and I had severe Pre-e with elevated liver enzymes. Like many of you I didn't know I had symptoms until after I knew what Pre-e was. I remember 2-3 weeks before going to the hospital saying there was glitter in the sky at school. It literally looked like someone dumped glitter from the 2nd level. I'll try giving you the short story.

On the evening Monday March 3rd 2008 (24 weeks 3 days) my mom decided to take my BP after a week of me complaining of headaches. She also said I was swelling too much for how far along I was (she's an LVN so I trust her w/ medical stuff). We found out the reading was about 160/107. We called the dr. and they told me to go to the hospital. They hooked me up and taking my BP every 15 minutes. I ended up staying the night and saw the doc the next morning. She told me I had high BP and to be on strict bed rest, t. I could only go to the bathroom and get a quick meal. Thats it. I also had to do a 24 hr urine tes Having just turned 19 the week before, it was no fun.My Bp's were going down a bit around 130-160/90-100. But it was still high.

Thursday evening March 6 2008 (24 weeks 6 days) I wasn't feeling good. I was nauseous and had a huge headache. I took my BP and it was 180/120!! We went to the hospital again. I was monitored and did another urine sample. The doctor came in and said I have severe preeclampsia and I needed to transfer to another hospital. they did not have the equipment to treat me or my son if he was going to be born.

Friday morning March 7th (25 weeks) I was transferred via ambulance to Loma Linda. The first thing they did was give me a steriod shot my his lungs. I had magnesium and another drug for my headaches. By the end of that day my eyes got really blurry.

Saturday March 8 (25 1) They gave me another steriod shot. I was told that I had a very severe case, but they will do their best to keep Anthony cooking. My protein levels were in the ten thousands! That evening my liver enzymes were also rising. So my liver and kidneys weren't functioning properly. The docs said if they go up any more I will be delivered that night. If they stay the same the next morning.

Sunday March 9th 2008 my son Anthony Arturo was born screaming at 25 weeks 2 days. He was 1 lb 6 oz and 12.5 inches long.His Apgars were 8/9 evening for being IUGR. He had my nose, my hands, and my feet. The nurses called him "Tiny but Mighty".

I didn't get to see him until the next day since I was still on the mag. He was definitly a fighter. He kicked my sister and the nurses had to sedate him a bit because he was moving too much for his little body. On the 4th day they even started giving him 1cc of my breast milk! He was doing great. I was discharged March 13th. My husband and I stayed at the Ronald McDonald House.

March 15th 2008 we came back from dinner and the doctors were pumping his little chest, his heart rate was dropping and he was losing oxygen. The whole day he was fighting off an infection. He bled into his lungs and his stomach. At around 7 PM my son passed away in my arms. The first and last time I ever got to hold him. We miss him so much. We think about him every day.

We are now blessed with a two healthy daughters, Gabriella born May 12, 2009 She was born at 37 weeks 4 days with a scheduled c/s. She weighed 6.5 lbs and was 17 inches long. Preeclampsia free

Then Selina. Born April 10th, 2013 at 40 weeks 3 days. The pregnancy was a bit difficult and ended in a cs from low platelets. But she is here and healthy. And I was full term! Never in my mind did I think that would be possible.

*****I will being doing another burpee challenge! For every $5 donated, I will be doing 5 burpees! Last year I did 400 burpees. Lets see if we can get to 500! Thank you everyone!****

Funds raised: $0 of $1,000
10 percent raised



Thank you donors
Be the first!
Team Members
Join our team!

The Preeclampsia Foundation would like to thank its generous National Sponsors: